Bulldog basketball programs place eight on Academic Honor Roll
Photo credit: Mississippi State Athletics
By Matt Dunaway, Director/Communications
Mississippi State’s basketball programs had eight student-athletes secure spots on the 2022-23 SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll announced Wednesday by the conference office.
The men’s team was represented by Justin Rumph, Tolu Smith and Isaac Stansbury who landed on the honor roll for the third consecutive year. Tyler Brumfield is a first-time recipient.
Charlotte Kohl also made her third straight appearance, while Denae Carter, Anastasia Hayes and Mia Moore are all first-time honorees on the women’s side. Carter and Moore were both members of the SEC First Year Honor Roll in 2021-22.
The 2022‐23 Winter SEC Academic Honor Roll includes the sports of basketball, equestrian, gymnastics, and swimming & diving. It is based on grades from the 2022 Spring, Summer, and Fall terms.
Any student‐athlete who participates in a Southeastern Conference championship sport or a student‐athlete who participates in a sport listed on his/her institution’s NCAA Sports Sponsorship Form is eligible for nomination to the Academic Honor Roll.
The following criteria will be followed:
(1) A student‐athlete must have a grade point average of 3.00 or above for either the preceding academic year (two semesters or three quarters) or have a cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or above at the nominating institution.
(2) If a student‐athlete attends summer school, his/her grade point average during the summer academic term must be included in the calculation used to determine eligibility for the Academic Honor Roll.
(3) Student‐athletes eligible for the Honor Roll include those receiving an athletics scholarship, recipients of an athletics award (i.e., letter winner), and non scholarship student‐athletes who have been on a varsity team for two seasons.
(4) Prior to being nominated, a student‐athlete must have successfully completed 24 semester or 36 quarter hours of non‐remedial academic credit toward a baccalaureate degree at the nominating institution.
(5) The student‐athlete must have been a member of a varsity team for the sport’s entire NCAA Championship segment.
2022-23 SEC Winter Academic Honor Roll
- Tyler Brumfield, Business Administration
- Justin Rumph, Workforce Education Leadership
- Tolu Smith, Interdisciplinary Studies
- Isaac Stansbury, Petroleum Engineering
- Denae Carter, Undeclared
- Anastasia Hayes, Human Development and Family Science
- Charlotte Kohl, Psychology
- Mia Moore, Marketing