Credit: Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College
Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College will honor community heroes and open MACCC softball action all on the same day Friday.
Military + First Responders Appreciation Day will be celebrated during the doubleheader against Mississippi Delta. Pregame ceremonies will take place at 1:35 p.m. with first pitch at 2 p.m.
The games will be streamed at https://mgcccbulldogs.com/watch.
Service members and veterans of the military, as well as first responders, will be admitted free. They are invited to take part in the on-field pregame ceremony.
- MGCCC: 17-7
- Delta: 1-19
Last Time Out
- MGCCC beat Lansing 11-0 in five innings and 5-2 on Tuesday at Ross-Smith Field.
- Delta got beat 9-0 in five innings and 8-0 in six innings in non-conference play in Fulton on Tuesday.
On Feb. 25, Gulf Coast swept Delta in Moorhead, winning 11-1 and 8-2.
- Gulf Coast ranked second in the MACCC in hits (193), doubles (49) and triples (9). The Bulldogs are third in home runs (18).
- K.K. Agner (So., Horn Lake/Magnolia Heights) is tied for fifth in the NJCAA with nine home runs and tied for eighth in RBI (32). She’s seventh in batting average among payers with 40-plus at-bats (.507).
- Jett Harrell (Fr., Clarksdale/Lee Academy) is tied for fifth in the NJCAA with seven wins. She leads the MACCC in innings (58.2) and is sixth in strikeouts (44). At the plate, she’s eighth in batting average (.470) and 10th in slugging (.864).
- Kate Brannan (So., Enterprise/Enterprise) leads the MACCC with four triples.
- Friday, March 10: vs. Mississippi Delta, Perkinston, 2 p.m. doubleheader (Military + First Responders Appreciation Day)
- Saturday, March 11: at Coastal Alabama-North, Monroeville, 1 p.m. doubleheader
- Wednesday, March 15: vs. Copiah-Lincoln, Perkinston, 3 p.m. doubleheader