Photo: Xavier Malone has 4 straight 100-yard receiving performances for Henderson State. He has 25 catches, 644 yards & 8 TDs through 5 games. (From NEMCC website)
Northeast Mississippi Community College currently has 35 alumni continuing their playing careers at 24 different universities across three levels of college football.
Nineteen NCAA Division I schools are the home of former Tigers with four residing in the Power Five conferences. Four NCAA Division II members and one NAIA institution are represented as well.
The following is an update on how Northeast alumni have fared during the first full month of the 2022 gridiron season.
- J’Shun Bodiford (Montgomery, Ala.) has appeared in two games for Middle Tennessee State University. The Blue Raiders had their highest rushing totals of the season in the two games that Bodiford has played.
- Kaleb Cline (Terry) has appeared in four games for Miles (Ala.) College. Cline has recorded four total tackles, 1.5 sacks and one block. The blocked kick was a 51-yard field goal attempt against the University of West Alabama.
- Keyshawn Cobb (Fort Valley, Ga.) is third on the team with 26 total tackles to go with an assisted sack and one pass break up for the University at Buffalo (N.Y.). Cobb has season highs of six tackles in the Bulls’ season opener against the University of Maryland and 1.5 tackles for loss versus Miami (Ohio) University.
- Andison Coby (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) has played in five games for Indiana University. His first reception in a Hoosier uniform went for a touchdown against Western Kentucky University. For the season, Coby has caught nine passes for 97 yards and the one score. He set season highs of five receptions and 54 yards against the University of Nebraska.
- Will Derico (Montgomery, Ala.) has appeared in two games for the University of North Alabama. The Lions rushed for a season-high 369 yards versus the University of Virginia’s College at Wise and passed for a season-best 250 yards against the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga with Derico on its offensive line.
- Jamal Ellis (McDonough, Ga.) has racked up 17 tackles, six tackles for loss, four sacks and five quarterback hits at the University of West Alabama. He had a season-high four stops against the University of West Georgia. Ellis has recorded a tackle for loss in each game and a sack in three of the Tigers’ five contests.
- Isaiah Forte (Montgomery, Ala.) has started in all four games for the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). Forte has recorded nine total tackles and one tackle for loss as part of the Blazers’ defensive line.
- Alfernee Hankins (Charleston) has played in five games for the University of Arkansas at Monticello (UAM). Hankins has recorded 14 total tackles, four tackles for loss and 2.5 sacks.
- Isaiah Hill (Kossuth) has appeared in five games for Bethel (Tenn.) University. Hill has recorded four total tackles and had one tackle for loss against Georgetown (Ky.) College. He has helped the Wildcats defeat two top 10 NAIA ranked opponents.
- Xavier Malone (Lake Cormorant) has caught 25 passes for 644 yards and eight touchdowns at Henderson State (Ark.) University. Malone has four consecutive games of 100-plus yards and three straight outings with two receiving touchdowns. He has scored in all five games for the Reddies so far this season.
- Jack Mangel (Athens, Ga.) has thrown for over 1,300 yards and 10 touchdowns through five games as a senior at Concord (W.Va.) University. Mangel has eclipsed 350 passing yards twice this season. He has thrown for over 4,400 passing yards and 32 touchdowns through 16 career games with the Mountain Lions.
- Stephon McGlaun (Tupelo) has appeared in five games and recorded five total tackles, an assisted tackle for loss and one quarterback hit for the University of Central Arkansas.
- Keaton McIntosh (Oxford) has appeared in four games for the University of Arkansas at Monticello. The Boll Weevils have rushed for 250 or more yards in three of the games that McIntosh has played in. That includes a season-high 355 yards on the ground against Arkansas Tech University.
- Antonio Moultrie (Pensacola, Fla.) has appeared in three games for the University of Miami (Fla.). Moultrie has recorded five total tackles, 1.5 tackles for loss, an assisted sack, one forced fumble and one quarterback hit. He recorded two stops against both Bethune-Cookman (Fla.) University and the University of Southern Mississippi.
- Damarion Parham (Oxford) has appeared in four games for Henderson State (Ark.) University. He has recorded six total tackles with one tackle for loss. Parham had a season-high three tackles against Northwestern Oklahoma State University.
- Deantre Prince (Charleston) has started all five games for the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss). Prince has recorded eight total tackles, one tackle for loss and two pass break ups from the defensive backfield. He recorded a season-best three stops against Troy (Ala.) University.
- Darius Shipp (Lewisburg) has appeared in three games on the defensive line for Western Kentucky University. Shipp has recorded four total tackles and three quarterback hits.
- Jamarcus Smith (Saltillo) has played in five games for the University of West Alabama. Smith has six total tackles and one pass break up on the year. He had a season-high three tackles against the University of West Georgia.
- D’Jordan Strong (Batesville) has played in four games for Coastal Carolina (S.C.) University. Strong has recorded six tackles on the season with one interception and four pass break ups. He currently has six career interceptions for the Chanticleers.
- Matthew Trehern (Saraland, Ala.) has started in all four games on the offensive line for the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB). For the season, UAB has averaged over 400 yards per game. The Blazers recorded season highs of 288 rushing yards against Georgia Southern University and 247 passing yards versus Alabama A&M University.